Sunday 3 July 2011

Busy day (1100)

I had a window for some writing this morning, before I cooked a big family roast. It was really exhilarating, I started out knowing I had to get from A to B but it seemed as if there would be a really long (and dull) journey between them. Then I found a halfway point that was way more exciting, and will naturally lead on to the next chapter. What an (unplanned) gift! One for the fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants brigade, I think. Hopefully, I can put  Stephen King back on my bookshelf, after I relegated him after listening to Marcus Sedgwick, who was so convincing about plotting. I agree with all his arguments, but I'm not a plotter and these little moments are so magical and creative, I couldn't bear to miss them. I'm up to 36k now and on a roll. 


And only one month until the A363 result, which hopefully I get at distinction. If I don't I'll still trade in the points for the Open College of the Arts and study some poetry. Meanwhile, I want my assignments back from Winchester, I seemed to hand them in ages ago. 

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.