Thursday 9 June 2011

Chapter One and Chapter Two (600)

I don't feel like I'm writing all that much but I'm reorganising previous writing so the word count overall is piling up. What I can't see is how to weave the strands together. Marcus Sedgwick wove three narrative POV together in White Crow, so it's back to the drawing board to work out how he did it. I'm missing the quiet days in Winchester, only for the fact that I literally had nothing else to do but work. Having come home to spend time with my husband, he had to go to Winchester to look after our youngest boy while the eldest was away - camping in Devon! I can't keep up, I'm going to tag them all with GPS trackers... I'm also missing my student colleagues, especially from the Fantastic Fiction module, who had such an interesting way of looking at writing. They pushed me to do better, at least with the kid's book. Back to work. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm drowning in my rationale for non-fiction. Chocolate being consumed at an unholy rate. At least when it's done (the rationale not the chocolate) I can get on to the dissertation - well, the rewrite of the proposal first ...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.